Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Reading Month

March is almost done, and with that another Reading Month comes to an end.  In our classroom, we've enjoyed DEAR (Drop Everything And Read) time, I've been reading a very interesting chapter book called The One and Only Ivan, we've had guest readers from the Escanaba hockey team, and we've enjoyed many special assemblies and activites.  This Friday we will be watching Diary of a Wimpy Kid to celebrate the end of Reading Month.  I like this book, not for the fart jokes, but because it has inspired so many kids to dive into chapter books and really immerse themselves in an epic adventure that only a chapter book can deliver.  After I read the book aloud to our class, I noticed many of them continuing to read the series on their own.  That was my hope!
Lemmer students have read over 3000 books this month!!! Check out our book counter on the Esky Schools homepage: AR Book Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment